VRT is the public broadcaster of Flanders, Belgium.
Core Missions: first and foremost, the VRT needs to focus on information, culture and education, both broadening and in-depth. The VRT needs to fulfil this based on the expectations of the various media users.
VRT focusses on creative expression in a broad an in-depth manner.
VR installation travelling over Europe showing milestones in the history of Europe targeting a young audience. Experience in an appealing way with gamification elements some of Europe’s unique inventions. Walk in a roman testudo, fly with the aerial screw (helicopter) from Leonardo Da Vinci or activate the Tesla coil in his lab, …
With immersive media, history becomes a vivid experience, a memory instead of schoolbook material. This project inspires youngsters through new digital media.
Key components and challenges:
- Detailed historical accuracy
- Excited storytelling with gamification elements
- Technical excellence in VR technology (state of the art)
- Distribution to a wide young audience
- Musea and historian institution
- VR gamedeveloper companies
- Youth festivals
Gregg Young - content innovation : email@example.com